We are hosting a photography contest! We need help decorating our lobby area and exam rooms and we want to incorporate some local talent (and models!). We are looking for photographs of local pets, wildlife, or landscapes to adorn our walls. The rules, how to submit photos, and the prizes, are listed below so please read carefully.
- Photos can be submitted starting May 1st - May 31st, 2017. Winners will be voted on and announced in June 2017
- This contest is open to everyone. There is no age limit, but we do ask that artists are local (Humboldt County).
- There will be two categories: 17 and under and 18 and over.
- Two winners from 17 and under will be chosen and 3 winners from 18 and over will be chosen
- Photo subjects can be of pets, wildlife or local landscapes. PLEASE NO PEOPLE.
- There are no limits to the amount of entries. Submit as many as you like!
- Photos must be available in a digital format (.jpg or .png are best)
- Owner/photographer must be able to give written consent for print and public display or have parental consent
- Humboldt Veterinary Medical Group (a.k.a. Ferndale and Fortuna Veterinary) agrees not to sell, distribute, market, trade, etc., the photocopy rights or printed photo (this means the selected winning photos will stay with us, always).
- Third-party software for photo editing will be allowed (Photoshop, photo enhancing apps).
- Humboldt Veterinary Medical Group agrees to not use any photo submission outside the contest the photo was submitted for without permission from the owner (this means if your photo is NOT selected as a winner, we will not use it for any other means and will be discarded).
- Will have their photo publicly displayed in our buildings with their name and title of photograph (if applicable).
- Will receive a canvas print copy for their own personal use!
- 17 and under will receive $50 cash prize and "Vet-For-A-Day!" where the winners will get to come hang with us behind the scenes and see what veterinary medicine is all about!
- 18 and over will receive $250 in-hospital credit to be used whenever, however!
How to Enter:
- First, make sure you "Like" our Facebook page. This will be crucial when it comes to voting for winners...
- Second, make sure you
this page to help spread the word...
To submit your photos:
- Make sure your submission includes: Your FIRST and LAST name, age, a valid email or phone number, and the title of your photograph if applicable.
- Upload your photo to Facebook and tag 'Ferndale and Fortuna Veterinary', or upload your photo directly to our Facebook Page
- Send your photo via Facebook Messanger
- Or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our hospital staff will sort through all submissions and choose their top favorites.
- We will post the top chosen photos on our Facebook page (they will be in their own public album).
- The photos with the most "Likes" wins!
- Tell your family and friends!